People will struggle to quit smoking not just due to the nicotine in them but also because they have formed a habit with the handling of cigarettes.
This is where vaping has worked over the traditional nicotine replacement therapies, that is, it is a similar act to smoking, you have something in your hands and the act of inhaling and exhaling.
There is a lot of misinformation out there about the safety of vaping. A lot of this misinformation has been promoted by the people and companies who receive their funding from tobacco or pharmaceutical companies because of the money they lose in sales.
E-cigs work by vaporising E-liquid into gas, there is not burning process. Cigarette burning produces over 4000 poisons in its smoke and over 50 of them are known to cause cancer.
In the UK the Public Health declared vaping to be at least 95% safer than smoking - An Independent evidence report conducted in 2015 by UK Public Health concluded that: While vaping may not be 100% safe, most of the chemicals causing smoking related disease are absent and the chemicals which are present pose limited danger.
So whilst vaping with E-liquids containing nicotine cannot be considered completely safe and it is better and safer to not consume any nicotine at all, vaping is obviously a hell of a lot safer then smoking cigarettes.
DID YOU KNOW
- Cigarette smoke contains more than 4000 poisons.
- Cigarette smoke contains more than 50 cancer-causing compounds.
- Vaping does not produce acrid smoke.
- Vaping does not release tar.
- Vaping will not stain your teeth or fingers and leave you with bad breath.
- Electronic cigarettes do not contain the 4000 poison and 50 carcinogens that are in tobacco smoke.
- E-liquids do not contain anti-freeze and no reputable e-liquid manufacturer makes e-liquids which contain oil.
- E-liquids are made with food and pharmaceutical grade constituents.
- Vaping can feel like smoking, producing a throat hit like cigarettes and helps you to kick those harmful fags.
- Vaping offers you the opportunity to gradually reduce your nicotine content.
- Vaping will help you regain your sense of taste and smell and allow your lungs to become healthier.
- Research has shown that there is no evidence supporting the idea of passive/second-hand vaping.
- Vaping has been subjected to a lot of positive scientific research
Nicotine gets a bad wrap due to its link to smoking, cigarette companies & cancer. It is not true that nicotine causes most of the smoking related cancers. There are arguments over how addictive nicotine actually is, with suggestions made that although nicotine in vaping can provide a stimulant, vaping success relies more on the process of recreating the act of smoking, rather than substituting the method of taking an addictive substance.
We do not advice that a person vapes while pregnant. Nicotine in any form is not recommended during pregnancy and breast feeding and can effect blood sugar levels.
Whilst we have done our research and gleaned the information contained here from what we deem reputable sources, this is just a brief amount of information and we encourage others to do their own research.